Doug K leaving WSAZ

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

genlock

Post by genlock »

Word has it that Treacy now runs a buisness of renting inflatable attractions for kids special events. You know, the slides, ball pits and the like.
A better opportunity? Maybe, with Gray and D-Ray setting the budgets.
lastone

Post by lastone »

Word has it that Treacy now runs a buisness of renting inflatable attractions for kids special events.
WELL NOW....THAT REALLY BLOWS ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAD TO SAY IT !
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
PassiveObserver

Post by PassiveObserver »

RedsFan76 wrote:
Twizard wrote:when is borek leaving??? for that matter katcher?
Right out of school, these guys should be in Parkersburg, Beckley or Morgantown, not Huntington.
Hey now, don't send these newbies to Parkersburg! Our TV news is bad enough as it is.
"Being a bastard works." - Spider Jerusalem
WorkingFourYou

Post by WorkingFourYou »

I think it's beyond a low blow to rag on Saxton for departing staffers at WSAZ. He's a great boss and an even better guy.

The reputation of WSAZ allows lots of talented people to move on to bigger markets and much bigger pay checks. Everytime someone leaves (and their new boss likes them) it only makes WSAZ look even better as a hotbed of young talent. I think many people who have moved on from Columbia/5th Ave would agree they worked harder at WSAZ than where they are now.

I'd think all you radio people would understand that moving on and up is a good thing.
lastone

Post by lastone »

I'd think all you radio people would understand that moving on and up is a good thing.
It's not so much that they come and go, it's that they don't stay. I don't blame them for obtaining better. It would just be nice if SAZ could get a few to stay around a bit longer.

Bottom line is they're inexperienced and cheap and SAZ has always liked that aspect of it. Being a "traning" station gives management a payroll "cap" for the tallent so they get worked "like dogs" for it's "experience".
I think many people who have moved on from Columbia/5th Ave would agree they worked harder at WSAZ than where they are now.
Would it not also be fair to say "....and they got paid far less for it."?

Being a "training" station is a business decision, nothing more.
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
Sundays.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

lastone wrote:Being a "traning" station...
SOME TYPO'S ARE JUST FUNNY AS HELL................

i gotta pee
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
genlock

Post by genlock »

WSAZ has used "Training Station" to hold salaries low for reporters for decades.
Why hasn't Rob Johnson moved on?
lastone

Post by lastone »

I'm no expert (def:an unknown drip that thinks he knows it all) but I would think it's more about family than money for Rob.

Just a guess.
Sundays.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

lastone wrote:It's not so much that they come and go, it's that they don't stay. I don't blame them for obtaining better. It would just be nice if SAZ could get a few to stay around a bit longer.

Bottom line is they're inexperienced and cheap and SAZ has always liked that aspect of it. Being a "traning" station gives management a payroll "cap" for the tallent so they get worked "like dogs" for it's "experience".
SAZ isnt the only tv operation in the market treating their college educated employees like fast food workers......
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I long for the day when I'm treated as well as a fast food worker.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

daveinthemorning wrote:I long for the day when I'm treated as well as a fast food worker.
Why??? I have a job where I am treated like a clerk at the local Fashion Bug. :wink:

Yea, it is a weird feeling.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.