Dave Blomquist quits at WKKX

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Arp2 wrote:[moderator hat]

Gettin' close to doing some editing....don't go messin' up the best Wheeling thread maybe in the history of the board.....

[/moderator hat]
I must be wearing the same hat. Come on now people. Don't start flamebaiting. This is a good thread.
Maddog

Post by Maddog »

[EDIT]

As for Novotney, we will see if they bring him in full-time to replace the Broadcast or Jeffers, but as a fill in talent, I don't see him affecting their overall ratings too much. People will not listen everyday too long just to see if their favorite guest host is on. I agree with the post earlier that KKX was crazy for not making the move earlier on Novotney if that was their plan because they gave his listeners 6 months to find other programming choices. Or maybe this is just another WKKX knee jerk reaction to Bloomer leaving them in a lurch to go to the competition.
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

Crusader1980 wrote:Snake, you coward. I sat next to Steve today for three hours, and we actually agreed on many subjects.
I thought you said you did not listen to earth bound radio. Seems to me if you knew about my calls to Steve, you had to have been listening.
Oh wait, you must have heard us while at work. Is not that always your excuse? Try again.
Ahhh eemmmmm.

index.htm/viewtopic.php?p=110410&highlight=#110410
Crusader1980 wrote:Novotney, and his missing teeth will NOT be missed.
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

Anyway back to the topic.

Bloomer was solid today on 1170. I was surprised to hear his all of his crew, minus Tant&luv, with him! Seems to me KKX replace his crew with street free-agents.

Bloomer was the diamond at KKX that George tried to bury.

Bloomer will have great success at 1170am! I'll listen to hime now on the drive to Wheeling and until 9. Then it's Na-Na radio and Howard west-coast- jones on the back-side willie! :D

P.S.
If my sig-line links are an issue let me know Lester.
Lee

Post by Lee »

How 'bout we lock all the Wheeling people in a cage and let 'em go at it!

Erin can be ring girl, Dave can be announcer, Nunley can be ref...

:D
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I would be glad to do it. In fact I have been in the wrestling business longer than radio. Just got in from announcing all the action of Coalfield Championship Wrestling from downtown Man, WV, as part of their street fair, and will be going back tomorrow afternoon.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Lee

Post by Lee »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude....please tell me you have pics.
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

Looks like WKKX has another (cough) intern or least that is what they are calling it. I don't think they have legitimate programs with West Liberty or Waynesburg College so can you really call it a internship?

It is already known the intern knows someone in the KKX circle. This is just another 'keep it in the circle' and to "keep it cheap' hire. KKX is not fooling many with the so called internship program. Practice what you preach WKKX. Don't come on air talking about how this area needs to hire people from the valley and give them good jobs with good pay when your hiring practice is shady at best.

In my opinion WWVA holds WKKX's future by it's next move. If WWVA does nothing then KKX will be Okay. If WWVA brings in Dimitri for the drive home then KKX is going to have problems. It's hard to compete with 50,000 watts. I just can't see WWVA having local talk in the morning and no local talk for the drive home. So it should be fun to see what WWVA has up it's sleeve.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

AH....so this "Dimitri" guy goes by "lovetalkradio" here on this board, huh? :D

If I recall, WWVA already has Hannity...very tough to do better than that in afternoons, especially in a market as small, depressed, and further shrinking as Wheeling.

(There are markets at that size that do successfully do a lot of local, though, but they tend to be healthy, white-collar, and/or growing....Charlottesville quickly comes to mind....)
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
hitman

Pot calling the kettle black?

Post by hitman »

daveinthemorning wrote:I would be glad to do it. In fact I have been in the wrestling business longer than radio. Just got in from announcing all the action of Coalfield Championship Wrestling from downtown Man, WV, as part of their street fair, and will be going back tomorrow afternoon.
All you knuckleheads should stop talking crap on us up here in the Wheeling area. This Dave dude just called the Coalfield wrestling in MAN, WV and you all are talking shit on us. I bet you had a heck of a crowd with all them rednecks down yonder. How many teeth were there? Lots of Busch beer I bet. How pathetic that you all talk so much shit on us and look were your located. How in the hell do you all have the internet? Your squirrels and groundhogs have to be tired keeping your electricity going. :lol: :?
fearpeddler

Re: Pot calling the kettle black?

Post by fearpeddler »

hitman wrote: All you knuckleheads should stop talking crap on us up here in the Wheeling area. This Dave dude just called the Coalfield wrestling in MAN, WV and you all are talking shit on us. I bet you had a heck of a crowd with all them rednecks down yonder. How many teeth were there? Lots of Busch beer I bet. How pathetic that you all talk so much shit on us and look were your located. How in the hell do you all have the internet? Your squirrels and groundhogs have to be tired keeping your electricity going. :lol: :?
dude, dont try to act all mean when its un-acceptable.....
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

hitman wrote: All you knuckleheads should stop talking crap on us up here in the Wheeling area. This Dave dude just called the Coalfield wrestling in MAN, WV and you all are talking shit on us. I bet you had a heck of a crowd with all them rednecks down yonder. How many teeth were there? Lots of Busch beer I bet. How pathetic that you all talk so much shit on us and look were your located. How in the hell do you all have the internet? Your squirrels and groundhogs have to be tired keeping your electricity going. :lol: :?
Dude. Choose the response you like best.

Response #1

If you think Wheeling is less "redneck" than Logan it is obvious you have never been to Logan and know nothing about your own community.

Response #2

Do you have anything other than tired stereotypes in your repertoire?

Reponse #3

Fuck you, you fucking yankee cocksucker.

Now, can you guys please get back to the actual radio discussion? It has been interesting. Especially now that I have learned enough avout Wheeling radio to know what you are talking about.
hitman

Post by hitman »

Jay Nunley wrote:
Dude. Choose the response you like best.

Response #1

If you think Wheeling is less "redneck" than Logan it is obvious you have never been to Logan and know nothing about your own community.

Response #2

Do you have anything other than tired stereotypes in your repertoire?

Reponse #3

Fuck you, you fucking yankee cocksucker.

Now, can you guys please get back to the actual radio discussion? It has been interesting. Especially now that I have learned enough avout Wheeling radio to know what you are talking about.
Hey Mr. Redneck, i'm sure you haven't crossed the Mason Dixon Line yet, but you should try it,you might find something up North... (EDIT: A little far, don't you think? And, before you ask why, the answer is that it's one thing to use a fairly common vulgar term but a whole other to create a graphic mental picture of something similar to that term...and, no, it certainly didn't fall under good-natured ribbing between people who've long known each other, as is sometimes seen here. -- Arp). Logan compared to Wheeling, your full of shit. You should go hang out with the dudes from Man and see who can gig the most frogs. And by the way your favorite movie Deliverence is coming on. Since you can't watch it, i'll let you know the dude playing the banjo probably looks like your brother.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

First of all, Hitman, I was only responding to the a suggestion that we put them all in the ring together and let them fight it out. Yes, I do some wrestling ring announcing on the side. I like money, what can I say, and a paid gig is a paid gig, period. I never said anything about Wheeling. None of us have a problem DISCUSSING broadcasting in Wheeling or anywhere else for that matter. What I have a problem with is this constant piss fight back and forth over who has the biggest 'nads. I agree with what was said earlier, that we should take it back to an adult conversation about broadcasting, that's all. With back and forth between you guys in Wheeling I just wonder who gets to be bitch?
hitman

Apology

Post by hitman »

daveinthemorning wrote:First of all, Hitman, I was only responding to the a suggestion that we put them all in the ring together and let them fight it out. Yes, I do some wrestling ring announcing on the side. I like money, what can I say, and a paid gig is a paid gig, period. I never said anything about Wheeling. None of us have a problem DISCUSSING broadcasting in Wheeling or anywhere else for that matter. What I have a problem with is this constant piss fight back and forth over who has the biggest 'nads. I agree with what was said earlier, that we should take it back to an adult conversation about broadcasting, that's all. With back and forth between you guys in Wheeling I just wonder who gets to be bitch?
Ill let it go dude. It just seems like Wheeling is the butt of a lot of jokes between some dudes who probably have never been to Wheeling. Look we have a 3 yr old station in WKKX and of course WWVA. It's been good competetion between the two. I love talk radio. I could care or less if I had a FM dial on my radio. I know all the players involved and all do a good job. Peace
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Fair enough..now who is buying the beer?
hitman

Post by hitman »

daveinthemorning wrote:Fair enough..now who is buying the beer?
You ever come up to Wheeling, let me know, it's on me. 8)
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Obviously, my attempt to be amusing failed.

I withdraw the whole thing. Mods, edit that shit if you need or want.

I still think it was funny.
genlock

Post by genlock »

daveinthemorning wrote:I would be glad to do it. In fact I have been in the wrestling business longer than radio. Just got in from announcing all the action of Coalfield Championship Wrestling from downtown Man, WV, as part of their street fair, and will be going back tomorrow afternoon.
Do they 'Rassle in a ring or do they fight in the street like they normally do?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

For what its worth, Jay, I thought it was funny. Gen, they wrestle in a ring.