V100's Jeanne K. Publicizes Personal Fight

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

V100's Jeanne K. Publicizes Personal Fight

Post by Bob Loblaw »

All Access wrote:WEST VIRGINIA RADIO AC WVAF (V100)/CHARLESTON, WV middayer JEANNE K. COCHRAN has taken public a very personal battle with breast cancer. In an interview with local TV station WOWK, JEANNE K said, ""It was the worst news I had ever gotten because it was the first time I realized I could die and I was actually afraid I would at the time."

Still, COCHRAN decided to use her struggle as a way to connect with listeners and chronicled her journey through diagnosis and treatment on the air, in addition to keeping a journal online.

"I knew it was the right thing to do and it turned out to be a real blessing because I went public with the news and then I also had the reverse benefit of hearing from lots of women who have survived breast cancer," she said.

Now, more than a year later, she is done with treatment and living cancer-free. This SATURDAY, she'll reach what she calls a major milestone by walking in the SUSAN G. KOMEN Race for the Cure in CHARLESTON.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

What a great story... Congratulations Jeanne!!! Keep fightin the good fight, girl!!!
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
1015RiverRat

Post by 1015RiverRat »

Jeannie's made her battle with breast cancer known more than a year ago. It was discussed on this forum then.

I continue to wish her well...

No lady deserves this horrible disease.... A great lady like Jeannie especially does not deserve it, and has made it her mission to fight her disease while educating others and promoting women's health.

We need more people like Jeannie K in this industry and in our world.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

1015RiverRat wrote:No lady deserves this horrible disease....
...which means, I take it, you're either for it in men and females who aren't "ladies" or think that men and females who aren't "ladies" do, in fact, deserve it. :roll:
A great lady like Jeannie especially does not deserve it, and has made it her mission....
No comma...it's just a compound predicate, not a compound sentence. :roll:

Come on, Mark....you claim to be a professional writer!
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
1015RiverRat

Post by 1015RiverRat »

OK, I should have said, NOBODY deserves this horrible disease. But don't think for a minute that anyone but Arp2 thinks I believe only ladies should be immune.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Claiming to be a pro, you have to take responsibility for your writing, Mark, and your writing made clear you believe all men and unrefined women deserve breast cancer.

That's just really, really sad.

1015RiverRat

Post by 1015RiverRat »

No Arp2,

Your distortion of what I wrote is sad.

And you distortion of what other people write is very sad.
OldSkool

Post by OldSkool »

Me thinks thou protests too much Mark. It's obvious that you often set up posts to tick people off and get the responses you do. Because I am a woman (hear me roar) and further because of my family history (a grandmother, mother and sister all had breast cancer), I am a great risk for the disease. However, I realize that men are also possible victims. My problem with your post was highlighting that Jeanne's fight has been publicized for over a year. What was the point in that? Thank God she has been around a year to promote awareness and that we aren't talking about her obituary instead. Perhaps you could have just said something simple like, "My thoughts are with you."

Now I shall address your problem with Arp's red pen. In your assumed role as a professional writer (and I use the term quite loosely), you should be more keen as to how to form thoughts and construct proper sentences. Wah! :roll:
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~Henry David Thoreau
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

My best friend (male) from Huntington High had breast cancer. He's now 10+ years post mastectomy (one side) and appears to be completely cured. He works full-time now for a breast-cancer group in New York and says if you see him without a shirt on the beach you can't really tell anything, unless you're into counting nipples.

As a now 2-year survivor of prostate cancer, I tell anyone I can about the disease and how to get tested for it. Those of us who've been through it want nothing more than to help inform others so they can find out in time for a cure....

God Bless Jeanne and all those living with cancer.....
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

1015RiverRat wrote:No Arp2,

Your distortion of what I wrote is sad.
I used your exact words exactly as you arranged them.
And you distortion of what other people write is very sad.

And your barely thinly-veiled attempt to draw others into defending you is pathetic.

Now, do I think you're really for cancer in men and unrefined women? No, of course not......but that's what you wrote. Why do you continue to do so poorly what you claim to do professionally? At what point do you say to yourself, "either I get these ground-level basics settled, or I stop doing it in public and claiming to be good at and worth being paid for it?"

Besides, I'm just drawing you into acting like yourself so everyone sees it, Mark. :twisted:

I'm told your regular account works just fine..... 8)

(Jeanne, we're all with you.....)

1015RiverRat

Post by 1015RiverRat »

Arp2

You get your jollies out of nitpicking people over grammatical technicalities that only you care about.

You need a life.