WKKX + Listeners = Arbitron Success

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

freddie wrote:You know it alls just can't take it when you are proven wrong. WWWhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
The only thing proven is that most of you Wheeling posters are nuts.

As soon as someone comes in and bashed this station, the supports come out and bash the TC (Topic Creator) which leads to a shit storm. No...we try to cut that crap off at the start.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Honestly... is there really so little to do in Wheeling that this sh!t has to go on? I saw my first concert there... it can't be THAT bad, can it?
weaver

Post by weaver »

Lester wrote:Honestly... is there really so little to do in Wheeling that this sh!t has to go on? I saw my first concert there... it can't be THAT bad, can it?
Yep. :lol:
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

hey now, wheeling may be a little far out from the rest of us but still, lets not be too hard on our neighbors from ohio......
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

We're all in West Virginia radio...period. Wheeling sucks as bad as Charleston as Beckley as Williamson as Ripley as Logan as Huntington, etc.

Our sucktitude is pretty much equal.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

I find it hard to believe that KKX is doing this well. I live in Wheeling and can barely pick the station up. When I do manage to get the station I find their broadcast very unprofessional and their commentary unorginal and poorly researched. Not to mention the fact that I did business with them as an advertiser over a year ago and a banner ad for my now defunct business is still running on their streaming feed page even after not paying for that ad for well over 6 months. The users posting on here are more than likely from the station itself as no one else is listening to them.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

So there.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

freddie wrote:You know it alls just can't take it when you are proven wrong. WWWhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
i'll just chalk this one up as a bridge burned. if i ever come across the WKKX call letters on a resume or aircheck, it'll soon find it's way into the circular file. it's amazing how one douche can ruin it for an entire station. i just can't risk hiring anybody like this. and seeing as how none of them seem to have the balls to flame out on a message board without the cover of a fake name i'm comfortable lumping them all into the same bucket.... literally.

moving on....
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Schaffer

Post by Schaffer »

Same goes for me, Zak.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

daveinthemorning wrote:So there.
No....its over -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> there.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Just for the record, I am not a jerkoff.

You fucks need to learn what insulting words mean and how to apply them to the right people.

For example, in the previous sentence I properly identified you as "fucks" and applied it to you.

I'm an asshole, bastard, dick, fatass, jackass and sometimes a motherfucker. I also fit into a variety of other categories, but the aforementioned categories are the most frequent and prevalent. However, I have not been and am not currently a jerkoff.

While I was perfectly correct in calling you "fucks" you were incorrect in calling us "jerkoffs" because not all of us are jerkoffs.

Fuck all y'all. If Arp can correct the King's English I can correct the Pauper's English.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Jay Nunley wrote:Just for the record, I am not a jerkoff.

You fucks need to learn what insulting words mean and how to apply them to the right people.

For example, in the previous sentence I properly identified you as "fucks" and applied it to you.
[
Jay, I think the proper Pauper's English would be Wheeling fucks.

I might be wrong. I leave that up to you.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Jay Nunley wrote:Just for the record, I am not a jerkoff.
Jay, you know you are not a jerkoff only because you have never
Joined the NJS (National Jerkoff Society)

Just send your application to:

THE National Jerkoff Society
c/o THE Ohio State University
THE Olentangy River Road
THE Capital of Ohio, Columbus
THE United States Of America
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

You, sir, have been Image Image .............

This Wheeling crap seems to happen about twice a year...
darkpower

Post by darkpower »

C'mon, freddie. What are you trying to do, give Wheeling natives like me a bad name? I like WKKX too, I think they are much better than the noise that Clear Channel is giving us on WWVA (Hannity, Savage, and news from the Fox Noise Channel. Just because its popular doesn't mean everyone will buy into the crap they spew). But coming on here to just bitch about how we never "got it"? Dude, I got it for years, have defended the station since I got introduced to the boards, and I have NEVER acted like that.

Oh, and not ALL Wheeling people act like retards (hi, howya doin'?). Isn't anyone aware here that I'm the resident Wheeling native here? Should've been quite obvious.
Crusader1980

Post by Crusader1980 »

Snake, ohhhhhhhhhhh Snake, where are yuuuuuuuoooooooooo?
:roll:
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

He was banned several months ago.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Justin D. wrote:Oh, and not ALL Wheeling people act like retards (hi, howya doin'?).

Well, if this board is indicative,....
Isn't anyone aware here that I'm the resident Wheeling native here?
I think we all are!
Should've been quite obvious.
Oh, it was!
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
smiller

Post by smiller »

It seems as though Wheeling is getting quite the bad rap on this board. The few knuckleheads that pollute some of the postings here are not indicative of Wheeling folks who acutally make a living in the business. Overall its a pretty good market with, belive it or not, some pretty decent radio going on. Up and down the dial you can hear great stations in just about every format. And as much all the owners/big companies/newstalks/ etc. get bashed here, almost no one outside this board actually cares. Radio listeners are all about the same, they want their country or rock or AC or newstalk or whatever, and as long as they get it they are happy. Or as a consultant once said "people don't know what they like, they like what they know."
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

smiller wrote:Overall its a pretty good market with, belive it or not, some pretty decent radio going on. Up and down the dial you can hear great stations in just about every format.
I will agree. Although it's been a few years ago, I remember really enjoying a few hours of WOMP-FM. I never understood those who bashed the station.

:?
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.