WAJR-FM vs. WKMZ

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

JKF18

WAJR-FM vs. WKMZ

Post by JKF18 »

Why do some liners on 103.3 in Clarksburg identify it as WAJR-FM but others identify it as WKMZ? Is the station even manned at all? No Facebook updates, no website updates. Do they even run anything local at all?
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WAJR-FM vs. WKMZ

Post by Lester »

My recent trip through WV had several VERY disappointing radio experiences. WV Radio Corp. seems asleep at the wheel in some of the outlying markets. I think it's safe to say Dale and I aren't buds, but I think he'd shit bricks if he heard what some of these properties sound like since his departure.
JKF18

Post by JKF18 »

Oh absolutely. No doubt. The cheapness of voicetracking is one thing. BUT. To have the same person jocking umpteen stations at once is ridiculous. WVRC has a lot more on their plate than a guy in Cumberland, and a WKKW co-host.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

JKF18 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:29 pm The cheapness of voicetracking is one thing.
Solid implementation is key, and there is none. You can HEAR the voicetrack because they're all overmodulated and distorted. Add in chopped fades, clipped starts, it was unbelievably bad, yet consistent. They've allowed it to become the standard, and it's tragic.
JKF18 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:29 pm To have the same person jocking umpteen stations at once is ridiculous.
Multi-station remote breaks were a new thing to me... and I'm not a fan.
JKF18

Post by JKF18 »

Another question I would ask WVRC - why voicetrack some stations around the clock? And others not? For example WFBY (i still want to call it WSSN or WBTQ) and 94.7 WELK have voicetracking even after midnight. But yet WKKW, and WVAQ do not. And you are correct, the clipping of the voicetrack audio is very noticeable. And, the ops manager in Cumberland is currently tracking FIVE stations. FIVE. In addition to programming duties as well.