Ambriz Battery Charges Dismissed

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

cgarison

Ambriz Battery Charges Dismissed

Post by cgarison »

Now I am really interested to find out who threw the first punch that night last summer......

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/ba ... 0c028.html
Battery charges against ex-WSAZ meteorologist Chelsea Ambriz are dismissed

HUNTINGTON - A WSAZ-TV meteorologist charged with misdemeanor battery of a co-worker in Charleston had those charges dismissed Tuesday in Kanawha County Magistrate Court after the alleged victim did not show up in court.

Chelsea Ambriz, 26, a Huntington resident who worked as an on-air forecaster for WSAZ, was charged in relation to an altercation with Erica Bivens on Aug. 26, 2018, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court.

Bivens, who anchored the news channel's First Look at 4 and 10 o'clock News on the Tri-State CW, reportedly suffered a ruptured eardrum and skull fracture when Ambriz allegedly shoved her down, according to the complaint.

The alleged barroom brawl began after Bivens claimed the women were at a bar in the 200 block of Leon Sullivan Way in Charleston when Ambriz allegedly began hitting on her husband. In a report from the Charleston Police Department, Bivens said she confronted Ambriz and the alleged shoving then occurred, causing both women to fall over the bar area.

Ambriz posted a statement on her "Meteorologist Chelsea Ambriz" Facebook page Tuesday afternoon following her court appearance.

"I'm so relieved to finally start rebuilding my life," Ambriz's post said. "My attorney, Joesph Spano, has said from the beginning I was wrongfully charged without a proper investigation. I did not do the things I was accused of and that would've come out, in detail, during court today if the state's 'victim' showed. She didn't, so we weren't able to proceed and the case was dismissed."

Both women no longer work for WSAZ. A station manager with WSAZ's Huntington office said since it was a personnel matter, there would be no comment from the station.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
genlock

Re: Ambriz Battery Charges Dismissed

Post by genlock »

More than likely it was Bivens.
Bivens said she confronted Ambriz and the alleged shoving then occurred, causing both women to fall over the bar area.
Wsaz does have a problem a wrongful termination tho. It could be solved by offering Ambriz a job at some other Gray/Raycom station. If they don't make it right they will have created a "pick a fight with a reporter to see if we get him fired" situation.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."