WWBB in Madison... funny stuff

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

CoolBreeze

WWBB in Madison... funny stuff

Post by CoolBreeze »

I'm sure this has been posted before, but all those dead people really cracks him up! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiPGfO4D ... re=related
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
rfhertz

Re: WWBB in Madison... funny stuff

Post by rfhertz »

Gotta love that Sparta studio setup
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

One of the guys featured in one of the other videos in that series, Jeff Lane, is now a magistrate in Logan County.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

rfhertz wrote:Gotta love that Sparta studio setup
Reminds me of WCAK, except the floor wasn't bowed and the ceiling wasn't caving in.

:lol:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
TimeEnuf

Post by TimeEnuf »

Good stuff.
Loved Pappa Jay, back in the day.

BTW, Wayne Price still does trading post every weekday on his station, WZAC 92.5 in Danville.......wish I had some audio to post of the stuff that I have heard on his "trading post"......really good stuff , to say the least.
Also, I am thinking that it was Wayne that bought 1450, then eventually let it go dark.
rfhertz

Post by rfhertz »

Reminds me of WCAK, except the floor wasn't bowed and the ceiling wasn't caving in.
Exactly!! The WCAK production "suite" LOL, was all Sparta, and identical to the setup in the WWBB video. The board, turntables, and furniture was sold by Sparta as an integrated production "solution".

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... %26hl%3Den

WCAK's main board was the A-20B, the production board was the A-15B. ANd who could forget those wonderful cart machines!!
Scott Reppert

Post by Scott Reppert »

Obviously no direct promotion from Columbia Records, seeing as how that was a "store bought" copy of something laying in the background and not a Promo 45...
Scott Reppert
Music Director/Program Director/On-Air Personality
WTCS/WFGM/WMQC/WAIJ/WLIC/WRIJ/WKJL/WRWJ/WPCL/WWPN
Operations Manager: Hope Radio, T8WH, Palau
Production/Editor: "Believe Right" and "MFC WorldWide"
"For mine eyes have seen Thy salvation"--Luke 2:30
oldschoolstudent

Post by oldschoolstudent »

Here’s my story about that air check. Tim Miller was doing an aircheck of the news and my friend, Steve Cantrell, and I (Jeff Lane) were there as new trainees. I was 16 years old at the time. Tim told us that we could stay and watch, listen and learn. So we were paying close attention to him as he read this news story. In the story about the plane crash, this is what he reads:

”…Killed in the accident were the 42 year old Brady, his 40 year old wife Betty, their 19 year old daughter Debbie, her 18 year old husband Eddie and their 16 year old son… Jennifer!”

Then the hilarity ensued! WWBB radio was in a single-wide trailer at the time. I ran out of the studio and took a quick left into the bathroom where the news machine was kept. Steve ran down the hall into the front office. That Tim somehow composed himself, corrected the mistake (“Excuse me, that was her 16 year old daughter, Diane and her four-month-old daughter, Jennifer”) and went on with his newscast still amazes me. You can hear me laughing in the background and it is still one of the funniest things I ever heard and was somewhat of a participant to. I took over Tim's shift when he went to Marshall that fall.

Tim worked for WSAZ, several radio stations, worked in Marshall University’s Medical Television department, and now works producing Kroger TV spots in the Dayton market. You can find him on facebook here!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 1748430126