I dont give a $hit?

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

yeah, because he needed the help! :lol:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Dr. Whiplash wrote:That's some disturbing shit. Somebody needs to get help.
That's the first thing I though of.

Anyway....

Something tells me that radio might have to take a second look at this process of simply making airtime employees disappear. In my case, I was ready to leave on a friendly basis (exactly like that last time I worked there). But I would have loved to say "goodbye" to the listeners just the same. I mean... if there's no hard feelings, and if you have a 7 second delay, what's wrong with allowing the talent to say goodbye? See... things are different today. In my case I have a personal website that I plugged every day for three years. It has a message board also. Wouldn't management know that I'd use it to explain what happened?

Another thing: Podcasts. I'm starting one now. ( You will read about it in Graffiti and Huntington News.net ). Why? Oh... just to let people know that it simply doesn't end with radio anymore. And a podcast could be a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands. In my case it's nothing serious. Just for fun really. It will save me a lot of hand cramps writing letters to the editor for which I was infamous for at one time. It wont be regularity scheduled podcast or anything. Maybe 5 minutes one day.. an hour or two later.... don't know yet. But I know this: Guys just disappearing into some black hole, never to be heard from again is over.

I'm gonna hate myself in the morning for even bringing this up... but I wonder why Mark never got into podcasting? I bet he could make even more millions there than just his little website...
genlock

Post by genlock »

I don't have a pod.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Neither do I. Lots of people don't. But if you have a computer, you have a "radio", and that radio will play podcasts. (why am I telling YOU this?) haha... I think I've just been had... again. :lol:
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Next, we'll be reading about the Mark Hallburn Scholarship for Future Broadcast Professionals. They will rename Smith Hall (at MU) Hallburn Hall. Wal-Mart Way will become Hallburn Way. :x
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »