An Mp3 Question.

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

lastone

An Mp3 Question.

Post by lastone »

Is there any way to meta tag a shows songs (as they come up) when the show is converted from an analog source ?
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
Clay JD Walker

Re: An Mp3 Question.

Post by Clay JD Walker »

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to tag each individual song in a fully produced MP3 program (I presume that's what you're looking to do). Maybe someone else does. However, you can title and tag your final product using your DAW. I use Audition 3, mix the session down, hit CTRL-P in single-track mode, and enter all of the program's data, then save the MP3 in 320kbps (highest quality, minimal loss). Now, there is a comments field that allows for more than a single line of text, but it stays along with the entire file, not as each song appears. Personally, I save broadcast projects down to WAV, and distribute from my server to affiliates (unless they request small file sizes, then I'll go with the 320 MP3...I'm an audio snob), and use the 'CART' tab on the file properties, and fill the pertinent data in there. Most automation machines see that set of file data as title, artist, intro markers, EOM tones, start and stop dates, etc. so it makes whomever injecting the final product's life much easier. Locally, it makes my life easier, as I'm the one that puts that stuff in automation in the first place.