Hallburn not guilty... slides again?

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

CoolBreeze

Hallburn not guilty... slides again?

Post by CoolBreeze »

One of my boards members just got a call saying that Mark Hallburn was found not guilty today. Need to confirm.

In case you don't remember:

http://dailymail.com/News/PutnamCounty/200808150215
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
David Paleg

Re: Hallburn not guilty... slides again?

Post by David Paleg »

How did they find a jury of his "peers"? Isn't that an insult?
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

David Paleg wrote:How did they find a jury of his "peers"?
Field trip for 12 patients at the Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital.

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Jeez.

We always talk about this dude, he's always in the press, always doing something crazy, got his own website....

Ladies and gentleman...Mark Hallburn is the tri-state area's Britney Spears.
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
ap news alert

Post by ap news alert »

I see him more as the Tri-State's Danny Bonaducci. So annoying and hated but refuses to go away quietly. :twisted:
Lee

Post by Lee »

:lol...

Gary Busey, maybe?
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

An answer (of sorts) can be found by visiting ...

<scary music>

The Dark Side
HALLBURN FOUND NOT GUILTY-AGAIN
Publisher Plans Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit

By Mark Hallburn
Publisher
PutnamLIVE.com

Once again, an independent magistrate has ruled me not guilty.

This time it was bogus charges of assault and trespassing that were filed last August after a false accusation by a pool manager.

After every Putnam County Magistrate recused themselves from the case, Kanawha County Magistrate Kim Aaron was appointed by the West Virginia Supreme Court to preside. She made her ruling in a matter of seconds.

Once again, Assistant Prosecutor Larry Frye presented a flimsy case that should never have gone to trial, and once again, a magistrate declared me not guilty. You may recall Frye's first failure in court against me was a bogus telephone harassment case in 2007.

While witnesses are told to tell the whole truth, Frye attempted to block the admission of evidence that showed 911 wasn't called until 45 minutes after the incident in the office. Fortunately, Aaron allowed the evidence, in a stand for truth and ethics. No wonder people hate lawyers.

A message to Frye and everyone else: I don't commit crimes. I report on the crimes and political shenanigans of others.

Frye's star witness, Pool Manager Monica Rayburn cried on the stand but contradicted her testimony, including a recorded statement given to Putnam County Deputy Sheriff Chad Weaver. She told the court that I leaned on an 11-inch wide counter, but told Weaver that I was on the other side of the counter that had a cash register. Our photos - which presented the truth - proved that the cash register counter was considerably wider than 11 inches.

Rayburn also had to admit that if I was leaning against the counter, that she could not really see my hands that she told Weaver were in my pockets.

One of Rayburn's employees, Will Martin, told the court that she asked him to join her prior to meeting with me because "she was scared." This indicated that Rayburn was scared BEFORE she met me, and contradicted testimony that my words and actions scared her.

Witnesses also admitted that I had every legal right to drive in the park, despite their earlier statements to Weaver that my presence in the park before going to the pool caused them concern. Had they only asked, they would have been told that I was attempting to take photos in the fair grounds of the amphitheater.

In addition, my attorney, Christopher Butch, presented 911 records that showed Rayburn waited about 45 minutes to call deputies. Normally people that are in a high level of fear, as Rayburn claims she was, call police immediately. In fact, Parks and Recreation Director Scott Williamson testified that his policy dictated Rayburn call police immediately-instead, she called him first, and was told to call police by another witness who said she returned to the pool office from Winfield.

What's next? After a private celebration with my family, I plan to draft multi-million dollar claims against the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Parks and Recreation Department, and a lawsuit against Rayburn. They smeared my good name. I look forward to seeing them in civil court - if they have the audacity to fight my court actions against them.
Source: The Wall Stre --, no, The Cleveland Plain De ---, mmm , no ... MAD Magazine ... well, uh ... must be putnamlive.com!

8O 8O 8O 8) :lol:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Lee

Post by Lee »

One of Rayburn's employees, Will Martin, told the court that she asked him to join her prior to meeting with me because "she was scared." This indicated that Rayburn was scared BEFORE she met me, and contradicted testimony that my words and actions scared her.
We feel ya...
tvnewsfan

Post by tvnewsfan »

"They smeared my good name."

Actually, the only thing smeared on Marky Mark is burger grease. Dear Mark, you have continually ruined your own name with that distastrous site and your shady attempts at journalism.
Nate G

Post by Nate G »

. . . . in a related story, Mark will now be filing a suit against tvnewsfan!! :lol:
That's clutch right there. . . . .
genlock

Post by genlock »

That's good news. Mark prevails against the system and the jackbooted thugs that run the Putnam county machine.
I applaud Mark Hallburn and his courage. Mark needs to continue his crusade for justice and fairness in Putnam.
Even more bizarre behavior and publicity may bring down the Tammany Hall of West Virginia.
I hope Mark Hallburn performs a stunt of the week to publicize the problems that start in Winfield and
infect the rest of the county. May we hear from Mark Hallburn before the next week is out.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
radiomadness

Post by radiomadness »

Mark Mark Mark. Though this will just feed your ego and probably make you accuse me of hiding under a false name in hopes of learning more then suing...almost EVERY remote broadcast our stations did, this sedan would pull up, this GUY would walk up to us while looking for free food while making bland conversation. I'd worry he was going to stay the entire time, but then he'd load up on the sodas and pizza and t-shirts and leave. So this pizza-lovin' goes on for years (not putting down fat people, I am one), then one day at work, the GUY shows up at the station and it's YOU KNOW WHO. I couldn't believe it. I'd checked out his site, etc. and gave him more credit than being "that guy". He actually went SWIMMING in this pool after the confrontation? I think some would call this an "Entitlement Issue". Seek therapy. It helped my personalities, maybe it can help yours. BTW, I was scared WHENEVER he showed up, too, even though I could take him.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Lee wrote::lol...

Gary Busey, maybe?
Ugh. I hope he relapses...

Maybe he has. I'm behind on CR.

:mrgreen: