Hallburn Faces New Charges

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

ap news alert

Hallburn Faces New Charges

Post by ap news alert »

According to a criminal complaint, Mark Hallburn is facing charges of trespassing and assault after an incident at the pool in Eleanor. Apparently he went there and was told the pool was closed. During an extended argument with the pool manager he demanded the firing of the staff. After repeated warnings he jumped in the pool and swam around for 30 minutes anyways.
When he finally left, she called police and gave them his license plate number. The woman says he was verbally abusive, in her face,and she felt as if she was in physical danger.
genlock

Re: Hallburn Faces New Charges

Post by genlock »

The above troubling report had to be verified. It is true!!!

From Daily Mail:

Friday August 15, 2008
Man accused of trespassing at pool and assaulting manager
by From staff reports
HURRICANE -- A Putnam County man is accused of trespassing at the Eleanor Pool and assaulting the manager.

Deputies identified him as Mark Hallburn, 46, of Hurricane.

They were dispatched to the pool at 7 p.m. Monday, where they met with pool manager Monica Rayburn.

Rayburn told them that the pool closed at 4 p.m. and that there was a sign on the door showing that it was indeed closed, according to a complaint filed in Putnam Magistrate Court.

Rayburn told deputies that a little after 4 p.m., Hallburn came through the entrance to the pool. Rayburn told him that the pool was closed but then he pointed to a sign that said the pool was scheduled to be open until 6 p.m., according to the complaint.

Deputies said Rayburn told Hallburn that the director of the pool had it closed early that day.

"The male at this time told Ms. Rayburn to get Scott (the director) on the phone and tell him to send in his resignation," Deputy C.D. Weaver wrote in the complaint.

"The male then got aggressive with Ms. Rayburn, moved towards her, got in her face, and told her he was not leaving. Ms. Rayburn stated to deputies that this made her afraid for her safety. The male then entered the pool and swam for approximately 30 minutes even after being told numerous times to leave the property," the complaint said.

Hallburn was later arrested and charged with trespassing and assault.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Bar Rat

Post by Bar Rat »

Story to follow on a certain Putnam County news website at 11.............
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

How's the fish?

Had to ask. I will never get that picture out of my head.
Bar Rat

Post by Bar Rat »

Amazingly enough, there was nothing on his site about it, not even some spin article to try to make it look better.

Checked the regional jail site too, nothing about him there, but he probably already bonded out.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Reminds me of when he marched into Bristol and demanded I be fired.

Last edited by CoolBreeze on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

ap news alert wrote:After repeated warnings he jumped in the pool and swam around for 30 minutes anyways.
Wait a damn minute. There was water left after this????????
DJSHOCKLEY

Post by DJSHOCKLEY »

I feel alotta love in this room!!

SMILE!!
Who killed the radio star??
genlock

Post by genlock »

Just don't post the fish picture.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

I think he's officially batshit crazy...
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

"Putnamlive.com: If there's nothing to report, we'll MAKE something to report!"
Bar Rat

Post by Bar Rat »

We need to find a copy of his mug shot and send it to The Smoking Gun for inclusion on their weekly rundown.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... mugs1.html

That's this week's version. They put up 15 or so every week.

It would truly be special to log on there and find him.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Assuming Hallburn is not mentally ill, I struggle to find a motive for his actions.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

genlock wrote:Assuming Hallburn is not mentally ill, I struggle to find a motive for his actions.
Because he thinks in his warp mental state that he's always right no matter how wrong he is.

Oh yeah. Hi Mark. We all know you love this attention. Anyway to get your name in the news.

Mark Halburn. The Britney Spears of Putamn County.

Course Britney is a hell of a lot better looking......maybe.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

When you go to the Town Of Elenore's webpage (which is sorely outdated) you find Putznam Live articles. Think they need an update? http://eleanorwv.20m.com/p133.htm
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

genlock wrote:Assuming Hallburn is not mentally ill, I struggle to find a motive for his actions.
Is this pool public or private? If it's public, I think I completely understand Mark's reaction.

If it's a public pool, then why was it not open during its published hours? I have to believe the open hours are offered on the door, printed in numerous gubmit publications, and posted on the web, and Mark showed up well within those hours. If Mark has a membership, then all three parts of a contract are present (offer, acceptance, consideration), and the pool failed to perform.

That article does not offer any uncorrectable health- or safety-related reason for an unbelievably early closing (Before 4p in August??? Heck, 6p seems 2-3 hours too early!), so one is left to assume that some lazy-ass gubmint employee(s) just decided to not do his or her job and went home early! And an assault charge based on a gubmint employee "claiming" "feeling" "afraid?" Hey, I'm actually for a somewhat broad definition for assault, but that's nuts! The left around the world has been making up numerous laws based on people's "feelings" of being "offended" or "afraid"....don't let it happen here!

In this case, I'm entirely with Mark!

On the other hand,....

Mark......man, you gotta move.

West Virginia has a paradigm that is extremely unlikely to be corrected in your lifetime. The people just accept "gubmint has the power, cronyism is just what is and what will be, and there's nothing you can do." You're absolutely right to be mad about many of the things you get mad about, but you're obviously unable to maintain control of yourself in your indignation. That's going to keep getting you into trouble, whether that be externally (this legal crap) or internally (a "coronary," as they say, or a stroke). You're not going to win (the paradigm is too ingrained; they're going to have to suffer even much more pain as the people of a state before wising up and changing), so it is in your overwhelming best interest to leave them to it. And didn't you just have a daughter or something? Man, being there for your daughter for years to come is far more important than these stupid windmills...work your butt off for six months or a year, save up everything you can, and just mooooooove!
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I do wish someone would explain to me why ALL the local pools close up shop at 6 PM? This makes zero sense since most people work until 5.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

I still say he's batshit crazy for being so dramatic about this... If he has a problem with the pool closing too early, (as everything seems to in WV), then he should've handled matters differently. If he purposely wanted to draw attention to this "injustice", then he should have known that he would be on the losing end of this.

As for Arp's statement on WV, he is 100% correct. People here couldn't care less if the public pool closed too early... They expect government to not function properly. Day in the life...

I also agree with moving. Stop worrying about changing things. They're not going to. The people of this state are not hurting bad enough yet to care. It will get much worse before it gets better. No use to ruin your health over this. If he can't become apathetic enough to not go crazy, (takes some practice), then he would be better off moving, definitely.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

I'm with Hallburn on this. Hey, when a guy has to pee...he has to pee!