License renewal

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

contracteng

License renewal

Post by contracteng »

Ohio stations need to renew this year. Looking at the list in danger from this post makes me wonder how many LP and other stations often run by people who don't pay a whole lot of attention to FCC rules will fail to file.
https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-bus ... 8167422261
t
Tom Taggart

Re: License renewal

Post by Tom Taggart »

I've done 6 low power renewals this year (5 Ohio, 1 Indiana). One university station I had to track down an administrator after I never heard back from the faculty advisor. The fellow I worked with last time (2012) had moved on.

Especially for low powers, so long as the station has been operating there is nothing to the application. Once, of course, you get past the millenniall designed interface. Not used for the lp's but get to the question about translators you have to know to where to click to get to a hidden series of questions.
sportsvoice

Re: License renewal

Post by sportsvoice »

Tom Taggart wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:52 am I've done 6 low power renewals this year (5 Ohio, 1 Indiana). One university station I had to track down an administrator after I never heard back from the faculty advisor. The fellow I worked with last time (2012) had moved on.

Especially for low powers, so long as the station has been operating there is nothing to the application. Once, of course, you get past the millenniall designed interface. Not used for the lp's but get to the question about translators you have to know to where to click to get to a hidden series of questions.
I take care of engineering issues for one LPFM and made sure the license renewal got filed. You are right, the interface is terrible. I had to hunt up some document to figure out how to get to the right tab where you can file a renewal. I have heard of multiple bugs in the system, it looked like there was a fix put in for the "non discrimination in advertising sales" question so that an exhibit was not required for an N/A answer since it's a non-comm license. I have also heard of glitches where auxiliary licenses don't get renewed concurrent with the parent license sometimes because LMS doesn't link them properly, so I stuck an exhibit in requesting renewal of the STL/RPU licenses and listing their callsigns. We may be one of few LPFMs to have a licensed STL and RPU to begin with.