WWCD to move to frequency 102.5

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

lil mole

WWCD to move to frequency 102.5

Post by lil mole »

Columbus, Ohio – July 1, 2010 – WOSU Public Media, through its licensee, The Ohio State University, has agreed to terms to acquire frequency, 101.1FM, to expand WOSU’s public service broadcasting for the region. WOSU expects to officially take over the station within 90 days pending FCC approval.

WWCD 101.1FM is a locally owned alternative rock radio station, which will continue to provide its programming through 102.5FM.

WWCD is owned by Fun With Radio LLC, Inc.

Fun owner Roger Vaughan, said: “We plan to relocate CD101’s programming to 102.5, and we are pleased to provide an opportunity to play an integral part in WOSU’s efforts to provide a 24-hour classical music station in Central Ohio. Both the sale of the 101 frequency and CD101’s programming move to 102.5 are unbelievably positive for the future, allowing us to continue to serve our listeners, our advertisers and help the university we love. We are extremely excited. This could not have worked out better!”
http://www.cd101.com/1025/
djMatty

Re: WWCD to move to frequency 102.5

Post by djMatty »

CD 101 has launched on 102.5 FM WCVZ They are calling the station CD101 @ 102.5.
Matt
Program Director/Music Director/Owner
X music Online "The X"
Positive Rock Radio
http://www.xmusiconline.com/
djMatty

Post by djMatty »

CD101 ends it's life at 101.1 starting Monday Dec 13th with a loop informing listeners (who have yet to move) over to 102.5

WOSU's Classical programming moves 24/7 to 101.1 FM starting Wednesday morning at 6am. Classical 101 will be taking the call letters of WOSA.
Matt
Program Director/Music Director/Owner
X music Online "The X"
Positive Rock Radio
http://www.xmusiconline.com/
Mike

Post by Mike »

I'm sorry, if stations that make money (and have listeners) are restricted to the space above 91.9 FM, charity case taxwastes who neither have audiences nor have to make money to stay on the air should ALSO be condemned to the "why the fuck does my FM radio have this crappy place!!!" zone of 88.1-91.9.

As I've said, there should be no such thing as a tax exempt anything. You pay taxes on EVERYTHING that goes to pay salaries, expenses, and everything, and get to deduct what actually goes to charity or non profit "public service". The sad thing is NPR does far less of that than Clear Channel, and that's saying something... The only 100% fee and tax free stations should be the ACTUAL student run "educational" stations (which is a rarity on the sub 91.9 FM taxwaste bandwidth) which should be exempt because they give future audience attracting and money making broadcasters on the job training...
"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached"
-Manuel II Palaiologos
Byzantine Emperor (1391-1425)
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

In fairness, there are some NPR stations that could survive independent of the congressional purse strings.

WAMU/DC and KUOW/Seattle come to mind.

But I'm sure these are exceptions to the typical NPR moneyhole.
Greg Goodfellow

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Quoting Mike: "The only 100% fee and tax free stations should be the ACTUAL student run "educational" stations (which is a rarity on the sub 91.9 FM taxwaste bandwidth) which should be exempt because they give future audience attracting and money making broadcasters on the job training..."

That be us, Mike (WRSG, 91.5 FM, along with translators 95.9 and 101.7 FM-all thanks to Tom Taggart). Thank you for not relegating us to broadcast hell. :lol:
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen