CBS News silent treatment tonight-their fault, or WTRF?

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Greg Goodfellow

CBS News silent treatment tonight-their fault, or WTRF?

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

We were watching the CBS EVENING NEWS tonight from the beginning, when Major Garrett introduced the story on Betty White's passing. Just a couple minutes into the report, the audio was muted until 6:38, then went off a few seconds later. I'm not sure if this was due to CBS's trainee day, or WTRF's. Anyway, I've always appreciated Betty White, and was taping the report. Frantically tuning to NBC, we caught the last part of their report.

I'm posting this here, as I feel it is WTRF's doing, as CBS has not apologized for any technical difficulties.

BTW, I wish EVERYONE a blessed 2022, especially those folks working yet another holiday.

Greg
(still involved in media, but in a new role)
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Greg Goodfellow

Re: CBS News silent treatment tonight-their fault, or WTRF?

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

It's happening again with the CBS New Year's Eve special. Even though I'm not a country music fan, I was enjoying the show. Oh, well...other choices abound. Oh, wait...two minutes later, we're back with audio. This has got to be on WTRF alone.

I know WTAP in Parkersburg gets a lot of negative responses, but surely they are better than this. We just live in the wrong DMA. Just a few miles down the road, it would be no problem.

Greg
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen