WVVA GM Frank Brady Announces Retirement

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Mr. Jones

WVVA GM Frank Brady Announces Retirement

Post by Mr. Jones »

https://tvnewscheck.com/top-news/busine ... etirement/
The longtime leader of Quincy Media’s NBC affiliate in Bluefield, W.Va., is wrapping up a 47-year broadcasting career.
By Mark K. Miller | February 24, 2021 | 1:42 p.m. ET.
Veteran General Manager Frank Brady is retiring from Quincy Media’s NBC affiliate WVVA Bluefield, W.Va., where he has been VP-GM for more than 15 years.

Before joining WVVA, Brady was VP-GM of KHQA Quincy, Ill. He has enjoyed a 47-year broadcasting career. WVVA is the ratings leader in Bluefield-Beckley and the dominant news operation. During Brady’s tenure as VP-GM, WVVA has added nine additional hours of news programming, entered the digital and high-definition era and added four additional channels to its digital signal. “Frank has always understood the role of a television station and the important leadership it can provide to its market. That has been evident with the work he has done at WVVA throughout his tenure,” said Ralph M. Oakley, president and CEO of Quincy Media, Inc.

Brady holds a B.F.A. from the New York Institute of Technology where he graduated magna cum laude. In 2013, he was awarded the Mel Burka Distinguished Broadcaster Award for lifetime achievement by the West Virginia Broadcasters Association.

He is past board chair and current board member of the West Virginia Broadcasters Association.

“Frank has a long and distinguished track record, particularly with WVVA-TV, that is filled with many business successes and contributions to the communities being served by the station. He has had a great career and we wish him all the best as he turns this new page. We are grateful for his service,” said Quincy Regional VP Jim McKernan.

“I have enjoyed all that my broadcasting career has brought my way, particularly my last 15 years at WVVA,” said Brady. “I have always had a very talented and hardworking staff and a very strong and innovative management team. WVVA is the epitome of a small market television station. With our caring employees and tremendous community involvement, we have been able to impact lives every day. I am also very proud that we have continued to be the ratings leader in the market, particularly in our news programming. I thank Quincy Media for making continued investments in WVVA to help make this possible.”