Flood coverage-receding like the water?

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Greg Goodfellow

Flood coverage-receding like the water?

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Folks, how is the flood coverage going in the most-affected areas? I can see where there is fatigue in this area, but, since the national media is chasing 'Pokemon Go,' there is still room, in my opinion, for flood-related stories.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
genlock

Re: Flood coverage-receding like the water?

Post by genlock »

Everything has been covered at least twice. Live telethon. Visits by Congressmen and senators.
Reporters have run out of angles to report on.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
Rock

Post by Rock »

We've dialed our coverage back to one station, just to keep all info collated and updated properly.
We still have a 14 year old girl whose body has not been recovered; it's an open wound on the folks here. Once she's found, I think it will be a psychological 'closing of the book' on the flood. Greenbrier county residents seem to want to move past it. Understandably.
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Plenty to follow up on but it takes more effort and foot work... What to expect from FEMA as a user (is 100% recovery possible). How will flood plains be altered and redetermined and what does that mean to these affected victims and there future to live in the same area. How many vehicles were totaled and how is that affecting sales and rentals of new/used vehicles... it goes on but yes as you say it's the body count "If it bleeds it leads" the sensational is most likely to drive higher ratings.
I hold that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing. Thomas Jefferson, January 30, 1787.