Nielsens/Arbs

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Nielsens/Arbs

Post by Dave Allen »

I committed the unthinkable. The wife and I for the first time ever agreed to do the Nielsen/Arbs. I still host a podcast but since I'm no longer a part of the radio business (save a few spots still running from time to time on WVOW) I figured no harm in doing it. I now know why more people don't agree to do it. We were contacted by phone initially about participating. I normally don't answer telemarketing calls but since it showed up "Arbitron" I figured they were going to call me and congratulate me on having the highest morning show rating for a four-county region ever a few years back (that was a joke, although it was pretty damned exceptional). Anyway since agreeing to fill out the surveys we have received no fewer than four calls PER DAY asking how the survey is going, do we have any questions and then to be sure to mail them in. We mailed them yesterday and have received several calls today (I saw them on the called ID when we got back in from work). Is this normal procedure to harass people like that...people that are doing YOU a favor? Sure the $5.00 was nice but I think next time I will just say no.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Big Media

Re: Nielsens/Arbs

Post by Big Media »

I haven't been on here in quite some time but this post represents exactly what I am currently going through with the American Red Cross. I gave blood once for my son to receive extra credit or something and they have been harassing me ever since.

So, trying to be a good citizen, I show up at my pre-arranged "appointment" to give at one of the local churches only the have the place mobbed with walk-ins (parishioners, no doubt), so that's that. No way was I getting that done in the hour I set aside.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Tell them you want more money or you will take the money that the local station offered you.
See what happens then.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Stations with ratings but have that kind of shenanigans associated with them get a, "N/A". The either didn't buy the book...or "bought" the book.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
genlock

Post by genlock »

I know, sort of like telling lies at the exit polls.
Just don't tell the ratings people who "paid" you.
Or make one up. Anything to insert confusion into the process.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."