Jennifer Abney

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dignan1981

Jennifer Abney

Post by Dignan1981 »

I saw Jennifer Abney, formerly of WPXI, on WOWK today anchoring the 5 p.m. news. I was curious if this is a full-time gig.
unchoopfan

Re: Jennifer Abney

Post by unchoopfan »

Anchor switch is apparently official at WOWK-TV as Jennifer Abney is in as Mon.-Fri. primary co-anchor (per promoted Google ad on WOWK-TV website - see below). No anchor bio up yet for Abney on the station site. Abney left WPXI after a five-year stint in June, 2013; she's also worked in the Mobile, AL and Wilmington, NC markets.

As for anchor Tammi Arender, appears she's been bumped to weekends for now; may not be long before she's the latest exiting the revolving door at WOWK-TV.

Steelerfan18

Post by Steelerfan18 »

Tammi claims on her Facebook page that she is homesick for Louisiana. Either way this is an improvement for WOWK. I'll never take them seriously with that set that looks look it belongs on a college newscast instead of a top 65 market broadcasting in HD.
genlock

Post by genlock »

The set. Call me OCD but I can not get over the fact that the seams on the center of the news set do not line up.
I can not also get over the fact that they paid for a set that has seams in the middle of the set that are visible.
WOWK has other problems too, but damn.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."