Fred Francis

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Re: Fred Francis

Postby contracteng » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:05 pm

Fred had his heart replacement surgery this morning (March 2).

His wife, Tina, posted this evening: Allen (Fred Allen Francis Jr. is out of surgery. He is doing really good. The heart started working right away. He is still asleep and on a breathing machine. We think his body is going to accept it so please continue to pray. God is Good

Those who do not know who Fred is, he is a contract/ consultant engineer who has done work on many area radio stations and across the US.
contracteng

Postby contracteng » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:46 pm

March 12 posting by his wife on face book. Day 39 : 8 days after transplant. I did not post the past couple of days due to all the tests. We wanted to know what was going on first. Fred is doing great. The doctors can not believe how well he is doing. His ejection fraction is 55. Steady heart beat. NO SIGNS OF REJECTION !!!! We are so excited. All tubes were removed yesterday. NO IV's. He walked a mile yesterday around the 8th floor. Blood sugar is normal. Everything is looking good. God is so good.
We still have a long rode to go. He will not be out of the woods for a year. But it is all looking good. We will receive all of our Dr appointments for the next year on Monday. We have two more classes to take. They are talking about releasing him on Monday. We will stay in this area for 3 weeks. Then home. Fred has not been home for 4 months. Tuesday would be 12 weeks in the hospital between here and ST Mary's. I have a lot to do to prepare the house. Please continue to pray. We are getting ready to start the journey on the medication. Please continue to pray for our finances. I know God will Provide. He has allowed us to witness miracles daily in the past year. I am so great full for the ability to tell this story to so many people. I want to thank everyone for the support and prayers."
contracteng

Postby Rock » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:53 pm

That is good news; I wish him the best!
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
Rock

Postby contracteng » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:04 am

Day 48. 17 days after transplant. We are still in Lexington. We have purchased most of the items Fred needs for home. The list was quite large. If it was not for the donations we could buy everything that he needs. . He has lost a lot of weight so we needed to purchase a couple of outfits for him to wear. With 98 lbs gone everything was hanging off of him. He has uncrolable ergers to drink coffee. This is quite new to us. We do not even own a coffee pot. He is still freezing all the time. Dana and I are in shorts in the Hote room. Fred has on two shirts , sweatpants and wrapped up in a blanket. We have been calling him grandpa. Which he does not like. We head back to the hospital tomorrow morning for a heart catch and biopopsy of his heart. This appointment will take 6 hours. We have 8 more days left in Lexington that is if the next few appointments go well. We have a new heart but we still have a long way to go with the he cost of medicine and equipment. So please pray for our finances. Please pray for Fred's hearth, and the donors family. If you are not a donor please consider becoming one. We are proof that it can save someone's life. Right now we are still living by faith pertaining finances and health. This is something that we have learned we are supposed to do daily. Please join me prayer to praise the Lord in all his done for us. Without God I know my husband would not be here with me today. Thank you for support and thank God for being a merciful and kind to us.
contracteng

Return to West Virginia Broadcasting